Monday, August 04, 2008

Randy Pausch, author of "The Last Lecture" died
on 25 July 2008

The dying man who taught America how to live

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/randy-pausch-the-dying-man-who-taught-america-how-to-live-800182.html

This is the man who wrote the book "The Last Lecture", RANDY PAUSCH. He died last week, 25th July 2008 at the age of 47-years old. A Computer Science lecturer in Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was famous for his last lecture on 27 September 2007 which he delivered in his University.

He was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer in September 2006 and underwent an unsuccessful attempt to halt his cancer. He was told to expect a remaining of three to six months of good health in August 2007.

Pausch delivered his "Last Lecture" titled "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," at CMU on September 18, 2007.

I read about his speech during his "Last Lecture". It was so nice of Ms Raha, Head of Language Department of my school (STF) to share with me. Here are some to share with all:

"I don't know how to not have fun," Pausch tells his audience. "I'm dying and I'm having fun, and I'm going to keep having fun every day I've got left."

"Never lose the childlike wonder," he advises. "Show gratitude... Don't complain; just work harder... Never give up."

And this is the one that stays in my heart and i cannot stop thinking about it......

"If I were a painter, I would have painted for them.
If I were a musician, I would have composed music.
But I am a lecturer. So I lectured,"


I'm really sad to hear about his death. Even though i never meet this man, or even have the chance to know him, but what he said and delivered was tremendous. It was inspiring.

May God bless this good man's soul and his family. I hope you guys can also read up or even watch his video on his "Last Lecture". It was amazing.

May Mr. Randy Pausch rest in peace~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey big head!!i lik tis sentence: "show gratitude... don't complain; just work harder... never give up."
=)

!dA アイダ said...

hehe..hye,small head!~i really thought you will like it!~ haha...and im correct!~=p Never give up!!~