Friday, August 15, 2008

Review of "The LAST LECTURE"

today is the last day before my students head off for their one week holiday as well as mine. will be going home by Airasia at late evening tomorrow.eased by the feeling of finally settle a week's of lesson plannings and testpapers reviews, i took Mr. Randy Pausch's Last lecture which was laid on my bedside and started reading from page 15 when i reached my room at around 5pm.

It was amazing.

reading through his work is like listening to him telling you stories about his life and his final days living to the fullest trying to settle his family and yet still thinking of his work. It was truly inspiring. Till just now...I managed to read up to page 153 and i cannot wait to blog about it!!!

i am reading the section of "It's About How to Live your Life" and i'm already half way through it. i think i want to save it for my time while waiting to board my flight or even during my flight back tomorrow.

His last lecture on "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" really wowed(a word i learned from his book) me!As a child, Randy had some many great dreams and the most interesting part is how his dreams came true with all his hardwork and determination. He's a real-life dreamer and achiever!!!! I really appreciate his work and effort. He's truly an inspiration to others. He was so real and yet seem so unreal..haha..ironic~but as i know that he passed away just two weeks ago really sadden me and made me grieved at such loss.

I will continue to read it and you bet i will read it again and again for my favourite quotes and cliches he wrote and told.haha.great man!~

i like one of his Live your Life thingy which is to be the first Penguin...

"EXPERIENCE is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

He wanted to encourage students to attempt hard things and to not worry about failing and he wanted to reward that way of thinking. So he created a award by presenting a stuffed animal - a penguin to one team of student at the end of each semester. It was called "The first Penguin Award". This reminds me of Happy Feet when Mambo was the first penguin to "jump" into the great water on their graduation!!hahaha....for you who don't get it, "First Penguin" winners were losers who were definitely going somewhere. Isn't it cool to have such lecturer??again..another WOW! for Mr. Randy!!

so much to share but it sure will be different if u can read it yourself!! I'm doing it now!!! I didnt expect to get this much when i started to lay my hands on this book!! you guys should try it!!!is great!!

I'm bringing this book home for mummie!!!i'm sure she will be delighted too.

yeah~yeah~ i'm going home..again! cannot wait to hug mum and papa, sis and sis, grandpa and grandma...and of course my a-hem..haha...

HOME sweet HOME~

Happie Holidays everyone!!~=)

No comments: